Friday 25 November 2011

Back from the dead

As of today, I am back to modding, and consequently, back to blogging. The past 3 months were spent making sure I didnt have to spend a sixth year at Uni, and now that results are out and graduation pending, much more time can be spent on my '55 and getting back on track. The air horns were a success too, and I have scared the life out of many a pedestrian. Oil cooler has been mounted too; now I just need to fabricate some proper brackets for my relocated plates.

Rest assured, the time absent from modding the car, I did spend sourcing parts, including some KE20 LCAs (for a little negative front camber), some fresh front indicators, a rusted old KE30 rear bar (for $5 mind), an unmodified cluster surround with original stereo (so I can relocate my Alpine CDA near the shifter), a rear wing from an AE82 seca I will modify and add as a front lip, and various other bits and pieces.

I spent this morning trying to rebirth the original KE30 rear bar with countless amounts of Autosol, cutting compound, and 1200 grit, to no avail. Seems as though the rust is beyond repair. The rusted look can work on various rides, but is not to my taste considering my front bumper is mint, except for the side rubbers. With this in mind, I am experimenting with the idea of stickerbombing + clearcoating the rear bar, and retaining the number plate lights and bolts in treated chrome just to see how it looks. Honestly it is a fad which I love/hate, depending on the overall look of the car and the theme, but I think it could work with the rest of the plans for the car. Stay tuned for more regular updates, and finally, some progress!


A recent snap. Next step is to replace the side rubbers, Autosol the chrome bumper, and add my AE82 seca wing as a lip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment