Saturday 11 June 2011

Old School

As of today I am 2/3 of the way through exams, so I figured a bit of DIY was in order. I decided to fix up the Rev 1. KE30 grille from under the house, and treated it to copious amounts of fibreglass, silicone, and sanding, then after a decent amount of wax and grease remover, it was coated liberally with 3 coats of Gunmetal Metallic Flake enamel. To finish off, I sprayed on a few coats of high gloss clearcoat. The results speak for themselves - it looks pretty pimp.
To finish off I also gave the original headlight buckets some TLC by sanding them out, getting rid of the surface rust, and giving them a few coats of the same paint. All that will be visible from the exterior is a tiny bit of metal behind the chrome trims, but I figured I had to kill the rust anyway, and they came up very nicely.
I have located some original chrome headlight rings which are in dire need of a good polish, and the original "C" badge is begging to be rechromed. After this, it is a bolt-in affair for the conversion. To top it off, brand new sealed beams will be used.



Now to tackle the other 95% of the body which is begging for some TLC!

Also I bought some lowered Pedders springs from a RollaClub member - decided to lower it once and lower it properly. If they don't give me enough drop, they will be recompressed (or maybe if I get desperate I'll just cut off one little coil!)

Until then, keep it drifty!


I am a shit planker...

No comments:

Post a Comment