Wednesday 15 June 2011

...living in the 70's

Today I got around to fitting the rev.1 KE30 grille and twin headlights. Whilst straightforward, the conversion required cutting off the old brackets which supported the old square-headlight buckets with an angle grinder. Various guides on forums noted they can be bashed back / bent, but cutting them gave nice. ample clearance for the new buckets (note: no turning back now!).


Despite the need for the front badge (about to be chromed), the KE is starting to look the part.


I had a love/hate relationship with the square lights and 80's-to-the-max honeycomb grille, but the rev.1 KE30 front end suits the rest of the body shape down to a tee. Cosmetically, this is all I have planned for the car, save for some fender mirrors which still need to be installed, and the front quarter panel which still sits in primer from the previous owner!

Exams are done now, so modifying will be paramount whenver I get the time / parts. Some lowered front springs are on the way, as is a 32/26 Weber carby.

I have however picked up another toy - a Huffy Slider! A lucky find, considering these things have been discontinued and haven't been stocked in KMart since 2010. I also secured 5 sets of Green Machine wheels from the same supplier, but I am only keeping 2 sets for myself, and thus, I will be passing 3 sets on. They are currently listed on EBay and Gumtree. For the latter, check the links in my sidebar :)

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment